Saturday, January 10, 2009

What to do?

Yesterday I had a visitor come to my studio to check things out. She wanted to take classes from me and to see what kind of work I do. No problem, so I showed her around and discussed what my classes involve and she said "oh, Yes " I would love to take lessons from you. So then she asked me what I am selling and I told her all the things that are hanging in my studio, so she walked over to the Seattle Mariners piece and before I could tell her that one is not for sale she offered me 600.00 for it. Oh my gosh, I had to really think about it but I told her not that one because I had make it for someone as a gift, so she said well thats ok I will learn to do this hobby and I will make one myself. I said ok, (knowing it has taken me years to get to this point of making these types of panels). I am sure that she will make me an offer to make her one as she really wanted it.
I found it to be an honor that she thought so much of my work that she would offer me such a price. Besides I can't sell it because I already promised it to someone.

So Scott if you are reading this you really are lucky that it is still here.

No comments: