Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Garden Planted yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WE planted the garden and it looks like we are going to have lots to share with everyone. So here is the lay out by the pole is the top and that entire half is Corn, we will be planting in 2 week apart. Next in the middle is 15 pumkin plants, 2 squash plants 4 watermelon, and 8 cantelopes. Lexi helped us with all of it, until she decided she was cold and then she went in for the night.
The moon that night was AWSOME and I am hoping that is a good sign that everything we planted will grow and produce lots of treats for us to eat. Pumkin time will be great..............I am hoping that all the grandkids can come and pick there own pumkins this year. I planted 5 different kind so that there will be lots to choose from , big to tiny.





My antique stove is so full this year it looks like it is busting at the seams.








This is my tipsy pots made from all the old buckets I found on the farm. I think the watering can came from Michelle.




Lexi decided to paint my leaf.......................


Lexi got a treat for helping us with the garden and for being good while we shopped for sprinklers. DQ butterscotch Dilly Bar.............................it was so funny we were going to DQ and she saw Burger King first and said "No , I don't want to go to Burger Queen Grandpa, I said Dairy Queen". John and I were laughing so hard and finaly she saw the DQ sign and felt embrassed.................I told her not to jump to conclusions to fast.............




This is the sky on Monday night while sitting at DQ...................it was stunning






This is when the sun kept moving in and out of the cloud.










This is a SWARM................This pole is on the corner of our road and when we saw it we could not believe our eyes. Even John has not seen a swarm that large. John put a box next to the poll and waited to see if they would go in. Later on that day the SWARM moved, we were in the back yard when we heard the sound...........you know the loud sound of bee's...........I was watching as they passed over our house and headed straight for the neighbor to our right. John followed the swarm to see where they would land and suddenly the bees split into 3 swarms..........! WOW that was incrediable to see. So that means that the 1st swarm had 3 queen or at least 2 and the bees themselves decided to split and make new homes. John went and got 3 boxs sat them down below each swarm and them began to brush them into the boxes. 2 of the swarms settled in and the 3rd swarm moved on down the road. We don't know were they went but I am sure they found a new home somewhere. The picture below was taken at 5:00 am before the sun came up.


















No comments: